Tuesday, May 4, 2010

If This Isn't Heaven.....


Tonight you held me in the crook of your arm
Swallowed in a sea of moonlight so warm
Purple umbrella with a star-studded crown
Covered the earth in a shimmering gown
As we gazed at its vast infinity…..
If this isn’t Heaven how grand it must be

The turquoise breeze softly ruffled the grass
Dancing on seas of emerald glass
Whilst you and I on its dew-laden pillow
Eaves-dropped on whispers of birch and willow
Softly you turned to look at me…….
If this isn’t Heaven how grand it must be

Nothing but midnight stirred the air
We felt the Presence of Him everywhere
And I thought surely this is enough for me
If this isn’t Heaven how grand it must be
But I’m feeling emptier than I was before
Tonight simply left me longing for more………

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Tonight is really hard to stay inside....
it is one of 'those nights'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!