Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One of Those Days This Morning....


It was one of those days this morning
Just wasn’t ready to face the dawning
As much as I wanted to stay up last night
I want to sleep in past morning-light
I wanted to crush that dang alarm clock
And I surely would have if I had a rock….
Yes it was one of those days just to stay in bed
Pull the covers back up over my head
As the thoughts of all my worries and trouble
Settled over me like a smothering bubble
I closed my eyes, but sleep had fled
Duty commanded me to rise instead
And I begged God for His tender mercy
To give me the desire to persevere
For the mountain looks tall in the morning light
And I seem too small and feeble to fight
But He urged me forward, urged me to climb
Not the whole mountain, just one step at a time
Yes it was one of those days this morning
But I feel the hope of God adorning
The hour that seemed so dark with dread
God, I’m glad you pulled me out of bed

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

This is the passage I read this morning...
Yes!! Sometimes God simply needs to pull us by our hands
while we argue....He is merciful!!!

Genesis 19:12-16
19:12 Then the two visitors said to Lot, “Who else do you have here? Do you have any sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or other relatives in the city? Get them out of this place 19:13 because we are about to destroy it. The outcry against this place is so great before the Lord that he has sent us to destroy it.”

19:14 Then Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law who were going to marry his daughters. He said, “Quick, get out of this place because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was ridiculing them.

19:15 At dawn the angels hurried Lot along, saying, “Get going! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or else you will be destroyed when the city is judged!” 19:16 When Lot hesitated, the men grabbed his hand and the hands of his wife and two daughters because the Lord had compassion on them. They led them away and placed them outside the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!