Monday, May 17, 2010

Please.....


Keep me somewhere, please
Don’t give all of me away
Let just a little piece
Of me haunt your eyes of grey
As you begin to slowly tear
Each fragment from your heart
Oh please could you spare
One tiny little part
Where just a little piece of me
Could quietly reside
Put me where nothing else would be
Way down deep inside
For somewhere further on perhaps
So very suddenly
You might be drawn into a lapse
Of pining memory
For days where once we danced a bit
And shared the briefest mile
Please won’t you save a piece of it?
And wear it in your smile
You don’t need to keep all of me
Yes, I understand
That many others soon will be
The ones to hold your hand
But if you have a little plot
Where nothing else would be
Please,could you save a little spot
To keep a piece of me?

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!