Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Better Me



When you look at me with that light in your eyes
The color of love and summer-blue skies
I’m caught in your gaze and suddenly
You make me want to be
A better me…..

Fame holds no candle to contentment like this
Fortune is vain and so often remiss
In your eyes I’ve seen truth as it shines tenderly
And you make me want to be
A better me…….

What fairer gift could my heart desire
Than to rest in the light of an azure fire
Or sail away on this endless sea
Oh, you make me want to be
A better me…..

A better woman in all that I do
A better soul-mate as I love you
I contemplate what it is that you see
And you make me want to be
A better me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!