Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Being Eighteen

She stands facing the rain
No one can see her tears or her pain
Struggling to understand life and love
Not yet too sure of what she is sure of
Oh it was great…I wouldn’t do it again
It is called…being eighteen

Wiser in theory than wisdom of years
Laughing to forget the fear of fears
Victim of longing but not sure what for
This little girl-woman heading out the door
With eager impatience for life and her dream
It is called….being eighteen

I wish I had all the answers, my dear
Life has more questions than answers, I fear
But on the bright side I firmly believe
God will give us the answers we need
Live, laugh, love, pray and dream
For it is called….being eighteen

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!