Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gentleman........

Today you are a gentleman
I watch with love and pride
A pride that every mother feels
A solace deep inside
For in your rough and tumble ways
A gentler side exists
Glimpse of a man inside the boy
A boy that I will miss

Today you are a gentleman
Do not leave him behind
If you should love a girl someday
Will you be good and kind?
Will you treat her with respect
So she can respect you?
Will you be a gentleman
When you are twenty-two?

Today you are a gentleman
Though you are still a boy
Too soon you’re slipping from my hand
Life calls ahoy, ahoy
I must slowly let you go
Be patient, my dear son
Life happens soon enough, you know
Tomorrow you’ll be grown

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!