Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Tiny Relenting......

I fell in love today
The blue and gold afternoon
Swept me away
And little by little
I began to relent
To the shove of the wind
To the sweet-musky scent
As the leaves turned in circles
At my reluctant feet
And the chill in the purple
Shadows bid me retreat
Back to the puddle of sun on the grass
Where I lay like a child
And watched the low gray clouds pass……
I returned to the bed of fair summer bloom
Wilted and dead, void of fragrant perfume
And the sudden sorrow tugged
Like a tear in my eye
And the weight in my throat
Made me think I might cry
If I had not fallen in love today
When the blue and gold afternoon
Swept me away

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!