Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sentimental Wishes....


I wish that I could hold you
And rock you till you sleep
I’d sing about the angels
That silent vigil keep
And I would smooth your hair back
And kiss your tender cheek
I wish that I could hold you
Until you were asleep

I wish that I could rock you
And sing a lullaby
I’d sing of stars above you
A-twinkling in the sky
I’d sing of how I love you
Perhaps I’d even weep
But oh, I’d love to rock you
Until you are asleep

I wish that I could hug you
Like I did long ago
Your head upon my shoulder
Your breathe even and slow
Minutes without number
Would pass in sweetest bliss
As I would watch you slumber
And release you with a kiss

I wish that I could hold you
But that will never be
Just yesterday I told you
Soon you’ll be as tall as me
I wish that I could rock you
How soon those days are gone
But I can softly tuck you in
And say, I love you, Son

Janet~

The other night Matthew was frustrated because
it was getting late and he could not sleep.....
....little did he know what I was thinking
as I tucked the covers around him........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!