Saturday, February 5, 2011

About Love..............


There are too many things about love
I cannot understand
We say 'I love you'
Yet cannot comprehend
The profound depth
In its simplicity

Why is it easier at times
To say I love you
To one nearly a stranger
Than to utter those words to
Hearts we have held for a lifetime?

We hold our little pieces of heaven
Close to us and we love,
Weeping because we are unable to
Love as fully or completely
As we should
Those who deserve it most

There are too many things about love
I cannot understand
I have known more love than I have had a right to
But in the end
After being both giver and taker
I silently weep
With sorrow and joy
For love is a promise I intend to keep
And in this promise I realize
The human side of me
And close my eyes
To shut out the longing
Of loves inadequacies

Janet~

Human love at its best
can never fulfill us completely.......
there is only One perfect love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!