Saturday, April 30, 2011

Something


Something tells me that not everything
Is quite as it appears
Something inside keeps whispering
Something for only my ears
And I can feel something stirring the air
Intangible mystery
Something is always waiting somewhere
I wonder what it could be

Something is urging me to rise
As daylight creeps over the brink
Of earth, and brushes star-dusted skies
With whispers of coral and pink
Something quivers deep in my soul
Surging as the wave on the sea
Something over which I have no control
I wonder what it could be

Something inspires me as I get up
To welcome this brand new day
Something replenishes my empty cup
While night hours meter away
Something draws me from yesterday’s pain
To welcome this measure of sod
Something beckons me to do it again
Something…or Someone…maybe God?

Janet~


Sometimes something somewhere somehow...
...urges me to write:))

2 comments:

  1. there is a lot said in here, Janet

    the first verse awakened a thought in me that I had earlier today, although I am aware of this every minute of the day it popped into my head very strongly and it was like, when you have something on the tip of your tongue and you just can't get out.

    it was just a moment of suddenly seeing everything like it wasn't really here or should I say, like it had slipped into the past. a dream maybe. if that makes sense.

    anyway, the first verse grabbed me, mystified me, stirred thoughts and questions looking for answers then the rest of your poem brought me along your thought process and I can so relate because i experience this every morning and at times throughout the day.

    I believe it is 'someone' God
    for He is always with us.

    love how your words just smoothly roll along with such flavor and imagery

    'As daylight creeps over the brink
    of earth, and brushes star-dusted skies
    With whispers of coral and pink
    Something quivers deep in my soul
    Surging as the wave on the sea
    Something over which I have no control
    I wonder what it could be'

    Awesome!

    again...I thank you for your beautiful words and I'm very fortunate to have this connection with you

    hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope,
    Thank-you SO much for your kind and encouraging words!
    Yes, I believe it is Him !
    I hope I never think I'm too busy to listen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!