Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dang...Cute


Why d’ya have go and look so dang cute
I was going to scold you and tell you to be good
But your freckle nose and your blue eyes
Took me by a sweet surprise
Why d’ya have to go and steal away
Every little word I was going to say …
Like ‘look before you leap’ and ‘don’t forget to pray’
And ‘you’re gonna be a man someday….’

Why d’ya have to go and grow so tall
You’re not a little boy anymore at all
And I’m not quite sure what you feel like
As you race down the street on your old gray bike
Why d’ya have be in such a hurry then
To grow up fast so you can be a man
Why d’ya have to go and look so dang cute
When I just want to hold you and tell you to be good…

Why d’ya have to drive me a little mad
I guess you likely get that from your dad…
Why d’ya have to go and lose your baseball hat
We can’t afford another one like that
Why does it have to be so hard to put into words?
How I love you son, so much that it hurts
Why d’ya have to go and look so dang cute
Standing eye to eye with me while I say….be good

Janet~

2 comments:

  1. Janet, my thoughts go to my son as I read this. Our children grow up so quickly, and it is so easy to love them. Your post is very moving! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you August. Yes, they do grow up so very quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!