Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Best Words


I cannot say them,
My four best words
Until you have spoken three
I cannot say them
Until I have heard
Those three best words spoken to me
Then, my heart over-flows and I say them to you
As I hold you close; 'I love you too'

Janet Martin

I always tell my kids I love them as I kiss them good-night
(well, the younger two:) the older girls, it seems are never home at bed-time;))
they return the words but many times as they hear me going down the stairs they will
say one last time "I love you' and over and over
I am thrilled and humbled anew to be able to say these four best words 'I love you too'

4 comments:

  1. How lovely to hear those words...I finally was able to get on your blog. I can't stop reading what you have written. I think my Sunday afternoon will be full of you and your marvelous mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, yes the are a bliss to hear.

    Rosemary, I hope your computer stays well:)

    Thank-you Mosk

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!