Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jes' Thinkin' (Edited Re-post)


There’s somethin’ ‘bout this time o’ year
It brings us thoughts of loved ones dear
An’ we start wishin’ they was near
As it tugs at our ol’ heart-strings
We hear their laughter echoin’
Their voices on the evenin’
Of good ol’ days rememberin’
An’ it tugs at our ol’ heart-strings

I’m not one to sit down an’ cry
But sometimes I git me some dirt in my eye
An’ when you aint lookin’ I quick wipe ‘em dry
As you tug on my ol’ heart-strings
There’s just somethin’ ‘bout this time o’ year
It gets me to wishin’ you was here
Instead of just in my thoughts I hold near
As you tug on my ol’ heart-strings

So iffen yore circle aint broken yet
I’m a-tellin’ ya’ now so ya’ don’t forget
Tell ‘em ya’ love ‘em an’ tell ‘em again
Til it tugs on yer ol’ heart-strings
‘Cause afore ya’ know it they’re gone from your door
An’ they’re not around to tell ‘em no more
An’ your gonna miss ‘em, yep, that’s for shore
As they tug on yer ol’ heart-strings


Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!