Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Child's Lesson in Patience



You can water the flowers
To make them grow
There is nothing to do
But wait; for snow

To catch a fish
You dip a hook in the pond
For snow you wish
Into the blue beyond

Patience, my child
For soon you will say
I wish the snow
Would melt away…

Janet

There is very little snow on the ground, much to the frustration of many children waiting with toboggans, sleds, skis, snow-boards, skates…

As soon as we get a substantial snowfall it is followed by rain.

The use of out-door rinks is finally beginning!

2 comments:

  1. I love this...the impatience of a child waiting for snow..how too soon it loses its wonder and tears wishing it would all go away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to re-gain that wonder...but I cannot....shiver:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!