Friday, January 27, 2012

Crackers...



The big, black night is a hole in the wall

Through which every day gently slips

I tried, but I guess I am too small

So I lay me down to sleep


The big, black night is a pillow for all

But somehow when I lay down my head

It is not slumber, but whispers that fall

In the colors of love’s tangled thread


The big black night is a shoulder dark, broad

The world leans against it in rest

While you lean against every beat of my heart

Leaving nothing, but a void in my chest


The big black night tugs its hem to the ground

The earth is a grand, king-size bed

I’ve never slept in a bed that is round

Do you prefer crackers…or bread?


J~


H-m-m-m-! I think I'll have a saltine for my bed-time snack.

G'night~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!