Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Was it the Wayward Wind?


Oh, was it in the wayward breeze
That spun its laughter through the hush
Where whitewashed lattice-work of trees
Submitted to God’s startling brush?

Or was it in that perfect snowflake
Dangling for a wee half-grin
On the lash 'gainst Nature's cheek
Before passive oblivion…?

Was it in the music trickling
From the snow-brushed altitude,
Or in the somnolent caressing
Of God’s fingers on cold wood?

…or in the melody of winter
Strumming silver notes of mirth
In a sweeping, tangent love-song
To the frozen tides of earth

But suddenly a breath of wonder
Lodged its teardrop in my throat
As I stood upon time's splendor
Earth's bedraggled overcoat

…caught in the trance of moments falling
Into past’s expanding sea
Invisible; yet full and rolling
Waves unfathomed beneath me

And here I am, briefly suspended
On life’s fragile thread of grace
Was it the wayward wind that opened
Up my eyes to see His face?

Janet

Thoughts while I was out skiing…
I felt like a one man army crashing through perfect, pristine fields and snow-brushed stillness…

 Praise the LORD from the earth,
   you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
   stormy winds that do his bidding,  Ps. 148: 7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!