Monday, January 30, 2012

Well of Learning

 image source; superpunch.blogspot.com 



Tis an ever-deepening well
This well of ‘things to learn’
Years do not seem to fill
The void; instead I yearn
To know more now then I did then
In blithesome, carefree years
Where I presumed ‘now’ would be when
The thirst would disappear
Because I would have learned the breadth
Of what there is to know
But all that I have learned instead
Is that I’m learning slow
And the more I learn I see
The less I know to tell
And what remains still to be learned
Is an ever-deepening well

Janet~



3 comments:

  1. So utterly true Janet!! I love the wisdom and beauty in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with every word. Like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie and Anthony, thank-you for visiting and for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!