Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Curtained Portals


How broad the depth of night doth span
Far past this curtained portal
How vague the narrow scope of man
Beneath expanse immortal

Ten-thousand times each cloud’s expanse
Is mankind’s sure damnation
But greater far, Love’s mercy grants
For our debt, salvation

How swift time’s fluid scalpel curbs
Youth’s unrestrained illusion
And sets their feet on higher roads
Of Honor’s wise intrusion

How small is mankind’s mortal hour
How infinite God’s pardon
That He should pluck this lowly flower
To plant in Heaven’s garden

Unfathomed are the astral heights
Unfathomed is His wonder
I set my weak and earth-dimmed sights
On curtained portals, yonder

© Janet Martin

I was listening to the news...and needed to lift my sights higher
than this planet of doom and gloom...

 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: 
because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4(KJV)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!