Thursday, February 9, 2012

We Are Beautiful


There is a wondrous beauty
Clothing us from deep within
Beneath the shallow proof of Time
Caressed upon our skin

The mirror does not show the man
Only our mortal face
It graciously conceals the span
Of our vast disgrace

Yet, God in tender love and grace
To all who trust His name
Clothes us with His pure righteousness
In garments without shame

The world may judge our clothes and frown
But they cannot behold
The beauty of a royal gown
Clothing a blood-bought soul

© Janet Martin

I read this verse this morning and was glad.


I delight greatly in the LORD;
   my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
   and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
   and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

 Isa. 61:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!