Thursday, April 19, 2012

Echo


Poetics Aside Prompt:

For today’s prompt, write a life event poem. By life event poem, I mean a poem that takes place at or describes a life event, such as a wedding, birth, death, graduation, etc. There are so many possibilities.

 
We buried her today
Beneath skies dull and gray
But dirt can never seal away
The echo of her laughter

Dirt holds her lifeless shell
For she has bid farewell
But it can never quell
The echo of her laughter

Oft in the tears I weep
I smile in spite of grief
For I will ever keep
The echo of her laughter

© Janet Martin

Don't you find that? 
whether Time or Death has stolen away a loved one...
isn't that what lingers?
the echo of their laughter...
J~



2 comments:

  1. In answer to your question, I think a bit more time will have to pass....I try to hear the laughter though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, if anyone knows this, you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!