Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Song of Thanksgiving




For mornings, heavy with un-scattered rain
For life’s constant bevy of glorious mundane
For man’s strength renewed as night-shadows wane
Lord, we thank You

For spring fields seeded with harvest’s fresh hope
For wild-flower rivers and emerald-green slope
For the steadfast Known as through unknowns we grope
Lord, we thank You

For blossomed distraction beyond my kitchen sink
For peony-splashes of petal-pure pink
For dishes to wash while I pray and I think
Lord, I thank-you

For smiles that gleam through love’s tender-sweet tears
For children that dream undeterred by aged fears
For memories to soften life’s chastening years
Lord, we thank You

For Master-piece moments in life’s darkest hours
For Master-piece miracles spilling in flowers
For Master-piece vaults of sunshine and showers
Lord, we thank You

Lord, we thank You for unfailing grace
The hope of heaven beyond life’s troubled race
For You, that You prepared such a Place
Oh, Lord we thank You

© Janet Martin

This morning Victoria suddenly turned as she was getting on the bus, with a big grin,  two-thumbs up and a merry wave…then they were gone. Just like that, my sink full of dishes and empty fridge and begging housework became beautiful through misted tears.
All I could think of to say is this…thank-you Lord.

 “Listen to this, Job;
    stop and consider God’s wonders.Job 37:14




1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh,how sweet of her!!I hope you have a great day in spite of the change..:) I'm baking and may start a sewing project and like you said there's always weeding!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!