Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Homemaker's Prayer




Lord, teach me how to build my house
In tender, purpose prove
Compassion and humility
Shaping a home of love

Let my submission be fulfilled
As your wisdom ordains
That peace may brim from floor to roof
In pure, joyous refrains

May others needs preceed my own
May kindness never cease
Lord, mold these walls of brick and stone
Into Your masterpiece

Lord, let me serve in thankfulness
And gladness be my crown
Lest by sad, stubborn selfishness
I tear earth’s haven down

Lord, teach me how to build my house
Not of my own design
May it be heav’n’s foreshadowing
Through your blueprint divine

Lord, teach me how to build my house
A simple dwelling place
In wood and mortar skin on earth
Of heaven’s kind embrace

© Janet Martin 

 The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands. Prov. 14:1




3 comments:

  1. Thank-you.I was cleaning windows and these thoughts sort of 'poured' through me.My Dad often reminded us that no one does nothing...we either build or we tear down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful ...all your work just stands out and shines!!! Brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!