Friday, August 24, 2012

August Friday Thoughts




May I never be the reason
My children cannot see
Jesus; because they are unable
To see Him shining through me

***


Abide with me
I cannot see
Without Thy faithful Light
Each step I take
Is no mistake
If I walk in Thy might

Abide with me
The enemy
Seeks souls doubting and weak
Faith’s mustard seed
Is all I need
To reach the mountain’s peak

***


Dare to be different
Do not count the cost
Lest we drift in a crowd
That is blind, base and lost

Dare to be different
Like Daniel of old
Lest we reach the Judgment
With only fool’s gold

***

Train up a child
In the way he should go
It’s much harder to train
An adult, you know

***

Before your thought
Spills into a word
Make sure its lot
Is fit to be heard

***

Why standest thou jealously gazing
Into thy neighbor’s field?
Take heed, thou slothful servant
Lest envy taints thy yield

***

If we rejoice when they rejoice
And weep when they must weep
Then we will be the kind of friend
Our friends desire to keep

***

Farther along on this journey of life
We cannot know what a-waits
But this; beyond love’s tender strife
Gleam Heaven’s shining gates

***

Deeper than the stains of sin
Flows love’s amazing grace
Hallelujah, what a Savior
Suffered in our place

***

 The earthly rags
Of love’s humility
Are leading
To the riches of
A heavenly garment

Janet Martin~

 Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Gal. 6:9




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!