Thursday, October 4, 2012

Morning-tide





We stand upon the shoreline of a vast mysterious sea
Gazing upon the rippling mien of what is yet to be

A gold leaf hovers on the air then drops into time’s ocean
In petal-grief of summer fair and love’s tangled emotion

As daylight eases o’er the deep and morning warms its tresses
We cast aside the shroud of sleep beneath virgin caresses

Upon the cusp of centuries we reach for Love’s kind favor
A cup to fill with memories; of moment-drops to savor

…before it slips into the vault of vast never-returning
 We take hope’s cup and lift it up to living, loving; learning

© Janet Martin

I wrote this poem this morning but my cup started filling with the days moments before I had a chance to post it;))


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'll ever understand morning people. (I'm such a night owl.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!