Sunday, November 18, 2012

Awesome Artist





He sweeps a dripping brush across the sky
Soundless, beyond the silhouette of trees
The artist spills celestial ecstasies
 Of pink and coral blush, translucent dye


Perplexities and pining ease their grip
 With gentle strokes in heaven-hallowed calm
He feather’s harsher edges with his palm
Beneath twilight’s tender companion-ship


In benediction of purple and blue
 The artist dips his brush into a wash
And flings into the hush a starry sash
Daubing the vivid sky-line from our view


Painter of heaven’s ceaseless canopy
Cool darkness snuffs the burnished tree-lined slope
The Artist fills the endless sky with hope
 In master-pieces of His majesty

...and in the tender twilight growing dim
The Artist reveals but whispers of Him


© Janet Martin

 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalms 19:1

(approx. an hour before the sun set I looked up to notice a strange rain-bow tinted blitz in the sky.)

 

2 comments:

  1. Megan Berry has left a new comment on your post "Artist":

    This sounds like what I see in a sunset... if that makes sense??? I grew up hearing my Dad say God is the ultimate artist ~ look at the sky and then see how no man can completely recreate His beauty! Last year I saw a small sliver of a rainbow at sunset ~ only lasted a few minutes ~ I felt privileged to see it :) What you captured is brighter than what I saw... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, I 'found' the lost comment and copied and pasted it...I think it got deleted because it was in my spam folder....so I found the 'copy' in my in-box and copied and pasted it. I have switched my comments setting to disallow anonymous commenters and see if that gets rid of some of the insane amounts of spam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!