Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Musings while Cross-country Skiing





Life does not ask
From any man
But this; to do
The best he can

***

Fulfillment comes each day we live
Not by what we amass, but give

***

It is not those without visual sight
Who are truly and dubiously blind
But those who seek without delight
For things they never find

***

I searched for joy
And it found me
When I learned to live
Thankfully

***

We all are human
And must admit
That the best of us
Are hardly fit
To point and judge
Of us, the worst
We ought to examine
Ourselves first

***

Sometimes you try to tell me how you feel
Forgive me for not listening
Now, how I long to reach to you and steal
The un-shed tear sadly glistening…

***

Don’t sugar-coat the truth or lies
Both are immune to its disguise

***

Our children are taught
Not just by what they’re told
They learn with keen perception
By what they behold

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!