Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ah, Yes! (re-posted)

 I feel this poem in moments like this... Yesterday we ('mom' in middle, Emily, our oldest daughter on right and Melissa, middle daughter on left) had a day out pretending we were tourists. Rarely do they both have the same day off!

I cannot name it
But I must
This sense of loss
And complete trust
Sadness, gladness
Healing, hurt
Longing filled
With humble worth
Asking, answering
With our eyes
Joy and sorrow
Synchronized
Dancing, drowning
Jubilee
Wanting, haunting
Pondering plea
Urging, surging
Ebb and flow
Of having, holding
Letting go
Rushing, raging
Raw release
Pouring into
Perfect peace
Passion-pure
Beneath, above
I must name it…
…ah, yes,
Love

© Janet Martin

(because it's 'love poem month' there will be a few extra re-posts)

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!