Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Heart or Mind?



 

Is it the mind that shapes my thought
In images of unformed art
Within this cage of flesh and blood
Or is it after all, my heart?

I cannot separate the two
And yet they bicker constantly
The dreamer and task-master feud
Where mind and heart oft disagree

Is it the heart that drives the mind
Or must the mind persuade the heart?
Often it seems I cannot find
A way to tell the two apart

© Janet Martin

As I studied verses on thought they spoke mostly not of the mind but of the heart. H-m-m-m...here a just a few of those verses.

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:45

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Prov.4:23

 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Matt 12:24




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!