Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Morning...





The elements that shaped the midnight deep fade like the mist
That draped the valley where the golden tide of morning kissed
And banished its broad shadow, unfolding before our eyes
The diamond sheaf of dewy leaf and mercy’s common prize

The thundering of thought and stillness slips into the blue
The beckoning of heaven’s witness draws us to the avenue
Of slips and stumbles, hope and heartache’s tender-sweet caress
Where haughty man and humble share love’s selfsame tenderness

It’s morning; gone the river of ebony shimmering
Upon the cusp of trampled dust the unveiled glimmering
Of all that we cannot yet see, trembles in the embrace
Of He who cares for you and me with kind and patient grace

It’s morning; soon the bustle of mid-day will steal its hush
Where money-changers grapple and bold bargain-hunters rush
Darling, we shoulder ink-drops while the busy hour sweeps
The aftermath of midnight where an ocean's whisper weeps…

© Janet ~

2 comments:

  1. I missed this one as I've been without internet for a day and a half but sighhh....those last two lines....wonderful roundout to "It's Midnight".

    I'll be away for the next week or so, but I'll catch up with you soon after returning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an enjoyable time away! God bless~ and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!