Monday, July 15, 2013

Onward and Upward and Homeward





Over the ridge where earth touches the heavens
See how gold dawn pools across the dark strand
Urging us onward and upward and Homeward
Far from the sorrow that seeks our hand

We take our scepters of faith and forgiveness
Turning our faces toward the unknown
Though hearts grow weary with suffering and sorrow
We cannot stop until God calls us Home

The path that Love chooses is laced with its longing
Onward we struggle in spite of its grief
There is no Eden in this vale of turmoil
Only in Heaven will we find relief

We run our fingers across His creation
Glean from its wonder the hope to hold fast
Onward and upward and Homeward we journey
Until we are safe in its Portal at last

© Janet Martin

My brother is among the firefighters searching through the rubble in this latest tragedy in our community!
Our words and prayers are offered in the shape of tears!
Our comfort is in knowing this child and his beloved golden retriever are safe in the arms of Jesus.

 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt. 19:14


2 comments:

  1. The sentiment here sort of reminds me of one of my favorite hymns, "Be Still, My Soul."

    This is lovely and comforting.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old hymns so much and I esp. love that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!