Saturday, August 17, 2013

Everlasting Blue





Some questions I am loathe asking
Do you miss me like I miss you?
When we are far too far apart
Is your heart also billow-blue?
Or is it just another day
Of green and gold with bits of gray?

August is filled with cricket song
And you were gone with spring’s last snow
Future comes swiftly but the past
Reclines beyond time’s moment-flow
Where missing you is like a chant
Of blue where twilight shadows slant

The mind can hold a world of thought
Never released in written word
Strange how wind-song can break the lock
Where fondest farewell tears are stored
I trace the void of missing you
In everlasting shades of blue

© Janet Martin

There's something about cricket-song that evokes the blue in me... perhaps because it's the prelude to summer's end.

4 comments:

  1. Yes it is, and change is not a bad thing, but oh it can be bitter-sweet:) Thank-you for your thoughts, V~.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I trace the thoughts of missing you in everlasting shades of blue" So beautiful Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, thank-you so much. After the wedding I will have a lot of catch-up reading to do:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!