Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What Are We Living For?




  

A baby cries; somebody dies
Somewhere a son goes off to war
Time ebbs and flows in highs and lows
Tell me, what are we living for?

Snow angels, roses, butterflies
Sickness and sorrow, anguish, pain
A son for which a mother cries
Because he won’t come home again

Laughter and song fade in mid-air
Love, loss and longing mingle wild
We see a young girl with no hair
And innocence torn from a child

The brush falls from a painter’s hand
Oh Lord, our God, we weep and call
By faith we press against the wind
Toward the One who sees it all

As babies die and loved ones cry
The clay turns in the Potter's love
Shaping us to the Reason why
As we press to His arms above

© Janet Martin

 So much pain and sorrow in this world; all would be hopeless without Jesus.

 John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!