Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Another Day #2






Another day dispels the night
And we embark upon its flight
Where its road leads, we cannot know
But by the grace of God we go

Another day ignites the dawn
A bugle-call of mercy spawns
Another portion of the past
Where soon its filament is cast

Another day embosses hills
As from the deep its morning spills
To offer us another chance
To love and learn, to dream and dance

Another day; sun-shadow trace
Manifestation of God’s grace
In humble hope we pause to pray
And thank Him for another day

© Janet Martin

I realized this morning, that without thought the first thing I often do when I get up is scan the eastern sky-line as my subconscious whispers ‘another day’…


But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Ps. 59:16


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!