Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Something to Think About



 
 To Jesus, none of us are 'just a face in the crowd'...

Generations cross the sands of Time
Throngs surge toward a Shore
Over and over and over again
From here to forevermore
But one thing is certain without a doubt
That never again will be
You are the only you, my friend
And I am the only me

No one is born by accident
And in the Creators eyes
We all are equal, no rich or poor
Approaches heaven’s paradise
So we ought to do our very best
To serve Him carefully
For you are the only you, my friend
And I am the only me

When we leave this brief shadow-land behind
And every work we have wrought
When that Book of Life is opened, my friend
As name after name is sought
Over and over and over again
Name after name He will see
But you’ll be the only you, my friend
And I’ll be the only me

© Janet Martin



"You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God (Romans 14:10-12)

Thoughts and prayers for those suffering in Syria, Egypt and the whole wide world over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!