Monday, September 16, 2013

Those Other Mothers...

 

  

 
Image Source; google images of refugees from Syria


We tuck our babes to bed
And pray the Lord to keep
Those others mothers bowing heads
Afraid to go to sleep

We wave and blow a kiss
As the school buses come
Those other mothers have nowhere
To call their home sweet home

We plan our evening meal
With perhaps a nice treat
Those others mothers hope somehow
They have enough to eat

A mother loves her child
Full and completely
All around the whole wide world
Wherever we may be

We tuck our babes to bed
And pray the Lord to keep
Those other mothers as they lie
On dirt and try to sleep

© Janet Martin

Oh Mom, said Victoria, as she saw my tears and I stopped in the middle of praying for those who have no bed to climb into and go to sleep...and I told her that I'm thinking about every mother who loves their little girl or boy as much as I love her and they have nowhere to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!