Tuesday, October 15, 2013

He and I



He stares to the distance
Dreams wrestle inside
Where I bear resistance
To time’s bully tide

He sees the languor
Of time’s sluggish stream
I sense the hunger
Of its swift requiem

He urges hours
To rush along fast
I cling to this moment
And wish it could last…

© Janet Martin

Yesterday Matt and I cleaned out the garden. I sensed a big difference in perspective, he always wondering what’s next, how long will this last, what’s for supper…me, completely content in the moment and wishing the day would slow down…

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, so true.

    I just saw the family picture, what a beautiful family.
    Janet, you look like a movie star. I love your dress. All that hard work of shopping for the right gowns, etc. paid off - everyone looks great. And happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sasha, you are so nice. We had a very happy day, and yes, all the shopping was worth it, everyone loved their clothes; I commented to Jim what a 'journey' it was to find the right dress. He laughed and said, you might call it a journey, I call it an expense!' It was funny:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!