Friday, November 29, 2013

I Like the Tender Thought of You





I like the tender thought of you
My dear, soft in my heart
The whisper of another year
Preparing to depart
Reminds me that we cannot know
Within its phantom pull
Who will remain and who will go
When this year’s cup is full

I’m glad to know that you are always
Just a thought away
And often there I cherish you
And often there I pray
The tender thought of you is like
A smile that does not dim
You wrap its song around me
In a sweet and sacred hymn

I’m glad a thought can be enough
When you are far from me
This is the wonderment of love
A splendid mystery
But in its miracle of hope
It sets the spirit free
I like the tender thought of you
To keep me company

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!