Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Forever and Ever, Amen (edited re-post)



They can ban Him from the shopping malls
From politics and schools
They can clamor for free speech
Saying He goes against its rules
While they tout acclamations
In an effort to destroy
I simply want to tell them
They can never steal our Joy

They can say it’s just a story
‘Bout an ordinary man
Jesus didn’t come from glory
To fulfill salvation’s plan
And while they pile, compile their lies
As in darkness they grope
I’d simply like to tell them
They can never steal our Hope

I AM is not some common thing
Mortal can over-throw
He cannot be abolished
Just because some say it’s so
I AM abides; His power reigns
Beneath, around, above
In spite of desperate disclaims
They cannot steal His Love

They can’t take Christ from Christmas
Laws, ramparts won’t keep Him out
They cannot banish Jesus Christ
Though loud they scream and shout
I AM prevails; no law detains
What His Spirit imparts
Joy, Hope and Love ever remains
In true believers hearts

© Janet Martin

...for Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory
Forever and ever,
Amen

Matthew 6:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!