Monday, December 2, 2013

Of Servants, Surrender and Sovereign God




We cannot force the hand
That holds Life’s sacred quill
Nor can we rush to understand
The mystery of His will

We see, but not the whole
Simply as grace imparts
We are not in control
Lord, give us servant-hearts

For we are broken, frail
Remind us, You are wise
Your love measures and tips the grail
Of blessing in disguise

Sometimes You part the cloud
Sometimes You part the sea
But always You pour out your love
Fully and faithfully

We cannot usurp You
You are God, Sublime
And you will make your purpose known
At the appointed Time

© Janet Martin


Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.…Isa. 55:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!