Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pondering the Inevitable





Parting; inevitable severing
Of hand and lip-soft touch
We cannot tell when death will claim
Those that we love so much
And so, before we lay our head
Upon some cold grave stone
To weep for laughter that is dead
And music that is gone
We ought to hold them closely
Tell them, tell them again
How much we love and cherish them
Before grief's parting pain

© Janet Martin

He (my friend’s dad) trembled as the woman held him; loving husband of many, many years murmured, ‘parting is hard’ and his friend replied, ‘yes. You had a long life together and even though we all know its coming, when it does it is still so very hard’.

I just returned from a wake for my friend’s mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!