Friday, December 6, 2013

This Thursday's Thoughts ( a little late again:)



Bless he whose word is eloquent and tempered with insight
But bless him more who does not speak even when he’s right

***

Not what I say
Nor quiet thought
But what I do
This proves my God

***

The night is dark and still and deep
It seems that I should be asleep
But we are not like other men
…vexed by the whisper of a pen

***

Today is laid into the past
How did it slip away so fast?
A half-song writ of joy and hope
And seasons slipping from Time’s slope
Shaping our laughter, love and sorrow
Always winging to tomorrow

***

You are there and I am here
Yet somehow, through the atmosphere
I touch you and you touch me
Heart to heart in poetry

***

Sometimes when I am feeling blue
With ‘quit-melancholy'
The pep talks that I gave my kids
Turn to admonish me

***

We should never stay where we
Can see our full way through
For when we take that leap of faith
We see what God can do

***

Yes, it’s a big, scary world out there
But it’s still smaller than a half-breath prayer

***

God spoke everything into being
With these words, ‘let there be’
Then He asked that the earth be tended
By lil’ ole’ you
And lil’ ole me
This simple, awesome request
Should make us want to do our best

***

It’s easy to think it’ll be okay
It’s foolish to believe it
If we never pray

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!