Friday, February 14, 2014

Let's NOT Talk about Love;) in Love's Filigree



 ...because most of the time life is not a pretty, picture-perfect blog-post;)

Today I will not talk about love
But take its chance
To thank God for its gift
As I dance and dance

I’ll dance with a dish-cloth
A mop and a broom
Laugh through a two-step
In the laundry-room

Tea-towel tango
And wooden-spoon trot
Plan ‘what’s for dinner’
With chocolate on top

For love’s filigree
Boasting everything nice
Is danced in the trenches
Of every-day life

© Janet Martin

Above are some ‘before’ shots…'after’ shots to follow IF the day goes as planned;)

There are no ‘before’ and ‘after’ shots of love…love is an ever-present endeavor!

I was thinking about what I could do to make this day special for all and I realized that my kids don’t care what it is as long as it tastes like chocolate;) so the rest will be the things they only notice when it doesn’t get done…cooking, baking, laundry, cleaning.

Hubby and I are hoping for a short get-away this week-end.

Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I print this out and leave it in the closet by my cleaning supplies? This will make cleaning all the more fun as I dance to the beat of your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Ha! Ha! I don't mind at all! We have to do whatever it takes, huh?

    Thank-you and happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!