Wednesday, February 5, 2014

'Neath the Influence of Ink





No 'private property' signs, no fare. A pen can take you anywhere!

‘Neath the influence of ink
No blockade or broom can bar
Us from that fair and phantom brink
Where our un-penned poems are

Take me to that place, my sweet
Where Time’s field is giddy-green
We will wander in bare feet
Pen away this snow-spell sheen

Lie beneath magnolia-tree
Wade through knee-deep flower-streams
Touch the pen to paper; we
Will dance the doggerel of dreams

Kilimanjaro-height
Noon-hour on Pacific Grove
Mediterranean midnight
Morocco at dawn, my love

Summer-touch on winter-dusk
We can bear the cold, my dear
Fill the quill with moody musk
Vex the senses with a tear

Ne’er will we imprisoned be
As long as our minds can think
Life becometh poetry
‘Neath the influence of ink

© Janet Martin


1 comment:

  1. Only the pen of a poet can take us away as you continually do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!