Monday, March 3, 2014

A Beautiful Feeling

  




I can’t explain it
Beautiful feeling
Reeling from somewhere
That I cannot tell
Laughter and sorrow
And bittersweet
Stealing
Over the rampart of
Pulsing farewell
Hope and fulfillment
and longing unfathomed
streaming in
moment-drops
from here to there
draining an ocean
without sound or motion
filling the silence
with echo-drenched air
where uncurled fingers
touch traces that linger
only in thought
as the years disappear
and I can’t explain it
the beautiful feeling
of having and holding
wrapped up
in a
tear

© Janet Martin

...just got a crazy, beautiful feeling as I listened to this song... but cannot quite capture it in verse; this is sorta what I could shape it into...sort of the same feeling I had when hubby teased Emily (our daughter) yesterday at church and said, 'I remember you. You used to live at our place...'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!