Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'll Be Up To My Elbows in Dish-soap Suds...



PAD Challenge day 24:For today’s prompt, take the phrase “I’ll Be (blank),” replace the blank with a new word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.

I'll be up to my elbows
in dish-soap suds or such
when you come a-wafting
with a lover's touch,
with a lover's whisper
with a lover's lure
You taunt in glimpses
I cannot endure
Until I relent,
dry my hands
Then, my dear
Just like a bubble, pop!
You disappear

Muse is a rebel,
A charmer, a ruse,
Lost in the silence
but quick to seduce
me in the middle
of life's noisiness
She sparkles and glitters
like fool's gold, I guess
for as I come running
with pen poised to write
Poof! she swishes
the words from
my sight

I'll be a soldier of ink
til I die
...as the mind thinks
so the pen must cry
For how can one suffer
the weight of a word
yet never uncover
the poem it stirred?
Oh, loveliest vexing
of you, lover's touch
when I'm up to my elbows
in dish-soap 
and such...

Janet~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!