Monday, December 8, 2014

As He Loved Us





The hollow of utter despair
Is quite unlike its counterpart
Love sweetens even sorrow’s air
It stills the hunger of the heart

Love is not bound by law or creed
But unfetters where greed will bind
Love reaches; bent on tending need
Where the eyesight of Self is blind

The stuff of things is not enough
It bleeds Longing; Want cups the sky
It is impossible to love
And yet seek Self to satisfy

God sent His Son to teach us how
To love in truth; He gave Jesus
A Sacrifice and this is how
We ought to love as He loved us

© Janet Martin

Oh God, when You weigh me in that Grand Balance up above
I have but this one simple plea; that I have learned to love

They only asked us to remember the poor-- the very thing I also was eager to do. Gal.2:10
Oh God, make us eager to remember the poor!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!