Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I'll Take a Large, Please



 Click on image to enlarge...

We teach, even as we reach
For well-worn excuses
Or plead for exemption
With stalemate ruses

Someone is watching
And it is our walk
That trumps the tout
Of fancy talk

We should not seek
to dismiss the charge
Compelling us each
To live life large

© Janet Martin

Don't bear alone
This day you trod
But brave it with
the grace of God 

 

You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”  But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

 If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.  Like the nations the Lord destroyed before you, so you will be destroyed for not obeying the Lord your God. 

Deut. 8:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!