Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Unfettered





The world outside the windowpane is white with new-born snow
Where off-spring of time’s womb stirs in the cradle of the east
Mercy’s kind benediction spreads yesterday’s afterglow
Like oceans of compassion in a new and untried feast

We cannot see beyond the veil that drapes perception’s guess
Or tug it from the tresses where Now blesses us with Time
The beauty of love’s duty lays its yoke of brokenness
Across the air; hope and despair align in its design

We borrow from the Giver of time’s river ‘bless and keep’
And within this request upon love’s lane-ways we proceed
Assurance of endurance lies, not in our blind-eyed leap
But in the One who leads and satisfies each moment-need

The world outside the windowpane is white with new-born snow
Time’s off-spring beckons and behooves; come, savor every bite
Mercy’s kind benediction springs from whence all blessings flow
Where oceans of compassion rush unfettered, snowy-white

© Janet Martin


 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isa. 41:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!