Monday, May 4, 2015

Farmer or Gardener's Planting Prayer




I was digging up around the rhubarb just now, enjoying the hum of tractors on the land, all around...some cultivating, some hauling manure and some planting. Working the earth draws us near the heart of God, don't you agree?

 Whether literally or metaphorically, it's planting time!

Lord, help me do my best to tend
The plot you’ve loaned to me
Then trust You for the dividend
Of harvest that will be

Lord, stir in me a humble worth
As spring-birth stirs the sod
For as I till and plant the earth
I touch Your hand, oh God

Lord, let me never then forget
Within life’s rain and sun
That you are faithful to beget
What now has just begun

© Janet Martin

 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Phil. 1:6 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!