Saturday, July 18, 2015

I'd Like...





I’d like…

To see the sun climb, dip, then slip
Into a pink and silver sea
To watch the brunt of hours drip
Without appointment, languidly
Between the pages of a book
Where summer’s while is fancy-free
Slow-poured like sweet tea in a nook
Of laughter, love and family

I’d like…

To disengage the clock that tocks
And tells me what I ought to do
While flowers flaunt their vibrant locks
Beneath a dome of blue on blue
…and then another day is done
And I say where and when and how
…and scold that age-old wagging tongue
That orders more than days allow

I’d like…

To wash my toes with sand and sun
Let common landmarks slide away
Like post-cards waving, ‘see you soon
Enjoy your little get-away’
Then I would like to turn and blow
A kiss of kin-ship to it all
Replying, I can hear the sea, so
Farewell while I heed its call
Farewell, while I heed its call

© Janet Martin

Yes, it's five o'clock-diamonds time:)
I will be away for a week or two. See you soon!

Sometimes I pretend the above hills are a smidgeon of Ireland;-)
Everything is so green this year due to large amounts of rain!


4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have left already...and maybe even sitting on the dock quietly turning pages, listening to the murmur of the sea...awaiting the diamond hour.
    Rest and relax, I wish you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank-you:) still here in the 'not-so-fun-stage' of packing. They prefer we do not arrive until mid-afternoon. I just spoke to the owner who is up there right now looking after a few things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A kiss of kin-ship... " - love that - like the cherry on top a luscious hot fudge sundae.
    Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!